The Mascara That Has Revolutionised My Lashes - L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll Review



It feels like forever since I last wrote a product review for my blog, but I'm back today with a new one. Mascara is one of my absolute essential makeup items and I'll often find one that I like and stick with it until it dries up, rather than having a few on the go all at once. The L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Mascara has been a favourite of mine since I bought it in the summer, and dare I even say one of the best ones I've ever tried. If you'd like to hear more about this insane mascara, which has revolutionised my lashes, then keep reading!

I initially discovered this product a few months ago, when I was in desperate need for a new mascara. I’d normally do a bit of prior research as to which ones are good, but I decided to go out on a whim and just select one from Superdrug. This definitely isn’t what I’d normally do but I placed all of my faith into the L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll mascara, and low and behold – I think I’ve found my new holy grail.

I know you can’t judge the quality of a product based on its packaging, but you have to admit that it’s super cute in this product! Being very apt for the Miss Baby Rollof this mascara, the pastel and girly appearance makes this a very pretty product and definitely Instagrammable. Although this doesn’t say anything about how it works, it is something that initially caught my eye and made me want to try it.

One factor that’s always essential for me when buying a mascara is that it has to be waterproof, as I suffer from fairly oily eyelids and find that non-waterproof mascaras smudge under my eyes, as well as not holding a curl as well. This one definitely lived up to my expectations, as it doesn’t budge on the eyes or transfer, which is something that bugs me about many other mascaras. The only downside is that it’s not the easiest to remove from my eyelashes, although I’d expect this from any waterproof mascara really.



The wand of this mascara is spiral shaped with lots of bristles, with the shape claiming to promote lifting the lashes without the need of an eyelash curler. I’ll admit that it definitely helps to give them some lift, as my eyelashes are quite straight and limp, but I do still think that the best effect is gained from curling your eyelashes beforehand.

The wand isn’t ridiculously large either, which suits me as I have quite small eyes and so it means I can be more precise and ensure that I’m thoroughly coating all of the lashes. It’s also really easy to apply to the lower lashes without it smudging all over the place (although just a heads up, if you do end up smudging it then it’s quite hard to remove, due to the waterproof formula).

After one coat, my lashes look incredibly lengthened and curled as well, which is impressive as someone who suffers with straight, limp eyelashes. Although it’s not the most voluminous upon first application, it builds really nicely without going clumpy, retaining the length and lift whilst also adding more drama.

Although a standard black is my go-to, you can also purchase this mascara in blue, purple and teal. I personally don’t think I’d use these shades but it’s still nice to have some variety, especially if you’re creating a bold festival look. Personally, I think a classic brown mascara would’ve been much more of a staple to the collection for a more natural appearance.

To give you a clear idea of how insane this mascara is, I thought I'd give you a side by side shot of what my eyelashes are like before and after application. As you can see on the right, my natural eyelashes are quite light and fairly short, making them not very noticeable. In comparison, this mascara makes them look insanely long and voluminous, with a curl that opens my eyes and remains all day. It seriously is incredible seeing the difference it makes!



And here's what it looks like when both of my eyes have mascara on - I honestly love it!



As a whole, do I love the L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll mascara? You bet I do! It’s definitely made a huge difference in my eyes, as I love the curled yet still voluminous look that it can create. For £7.99, it definitely is a justifiable price for me as I’ve yet to find a mascara that achieves the same effects for a cheaper price, and I really have fallen in love with this product.

Thank you very much for reading this blog post, and I hope you liked it! I know my blogging has been a bit all over the place lately, but I'm officially back to blogging regularly. I'll hopefully be posting 3 times a week, on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, so there'll be a lot of new content coming your way very soon! Alternatively, on my busier weeks I'll still be posting twice a week, but instead on a Wednesday and Sunday. I can't wait to properly get back into blogging and I'm looking forward to creating a lot of new posts for you guys, so make sure you come back on Tuesday for a new one!

0 comments